Thursday, September 12, 2013

Divine Blog Posting....................



Ok - here are my initial personal impressions of Hobart. By the way the above photo was taken in St David's church. The stained glass windows in that church have been one of the many highlights of the visit so far. That's one of the main windows. Please download or view the full version at http://I.really.should.gotochurch.com       Yes that link is my humour but it should work.





Here is a toaster. No I don't think Hobart is like a my hotel room's toaster, quite the opposite. Its freezing.

But on the toaster is a warning, it reads : 

        BEWARE : Burning toast will activate the fire alarm causing a hotel evacuation.

It then reads : 
                            So use the cooking fan hood.

I get the impression small actions can lead to big consequences in Hobart. I can't think of an exact example but that's an impression I get. Also in Hobart what looks boring and un-interesting on first glance can be far from the case.

Would you believe the number of boutique coffee places Hobart has ? I can't. Gourmet and boutique food is in wild abundance here. It sounds silly but with all the coffee places and speciality food my brain got food overload and I haven't actually bought much in that arena. Give me a chance to settle in. I actually walked around when I first got here and thought at first :  Hmmm there are no coffee places or Cafes here. What a Dummy.



The people seem friendly but I noticed, as a stranger, it's a lot better to let locals say hello first. Several people I said Hello to never acknowledged my presence. So now I wait :) 
I could definitely use more presents.

Old buildings  - no these are heritage buildings. They are so fantastic. I am now so sorry Perth got rid of many of its old buildings. Would you believe I saw a Kodak building.

This is true.

I did a double take. I will have to get a photo before I go of that building. We will see how things develop there.




I will probably do a part two blog posting. "Second impressions".

There will be no blog posting tomorrow as I am on a tour for the whole day.

Please come back the day before the day after tomorrow. Just kidding. I will re-post this Saturday. 

                                                      Thanks for reading.


Here is another picture, its a funny sail ? type cover construction. An artwork ? Not sure......












No comments:

Post a Comment