Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Ferry trip to Mona............


Hello - 

I really like this photo I took in St David's church. You can read the writing at the bottom of each pane of glass.

The ferry trip to Mona was very impressive. The actual boat we went on was an amazing vessel. Like the top end boats extremely wealthy people would own. No expense spared for the passengers. I was greeted upon embarking with a wide array of gourmet food. I tried a sauce-age roll or two. Served with relish and a smile.

The ferry ride took about 20 minutes and the captains narration was very informative and enthusiastic. I was wondering before I boarded the ferry if I would get a good overview of this part of Hobart.

And I did.

Hobart Harbour is the second natural deepest harbour after Brazil. No dredging has been ever required.

On top of everything else it was "perrrfect" weather. Not one person complained about the day.

No-one needs really to feel sorry for Tasmania, if Hobart is anything to go by.

This photo below (taken from the ferry) is one of two main Hobart Bridges (and is the smaller one).



We past a Cadbury chocolate factory, a very well run zinc mine, a very successful winery and a lucrative (large) boat building yard that has many clients.

Two days ago 500 medical students arrived for a conference. A definite tourism boost. The hotel I'm staying in got really busy but not too crowded.

Oh and the victorians are still depressed about losing to Fremantle in the football. I saw a tv show about it. The geelong-ians were still extremely upset. :)

Stephen










No comments:

Post a Comment